Injection down casing is a burst load case, where the unknown is the internal pressure profile of the casing / tubing
In this documentation we denote any tubular as casing or tubing. All calculations however encompass any tubular, such as tubings, casings, liners, tie-backs etc.
This is a load case that models an applied surface pressure to a static fluid column.
The following inputs define the injection down casing load case
- The true vertical depth (TVD) along the wellbore as a function of measured depth. Alternatively, the wellbore described by a set of survey stations, with complete information about measured depth, inclination, and azimuth.
- The true vertical depth / TVD of
- The hanger of the casing/tubing,
- The shoe of the tubing,
- The applied injection pressure,
- The density of the injection fluid,
The internal pressure profile of the tubing is simply calculated as